Sunday, June 03, 2012

Books, at least the ones I read, are nice because they help me lower expectations I have of people. They're unlike movies which have a lot of (active) human interaction or communication. They describe silence between people like it's okay, how lovers don't speak, some are even in their own worlds as they're together but still want to live with each other. I've seen it in all the books I've read. They seem to say that love exists even with all its imperfections, and I wonder if all the people I thought I didn't love are actually people I could care about despite us not being a perfect fit. I like the quiet quality in books, or maybe the quiet quality in books I read, because the characters are all alone and they remind me of myself. Or maybe the quiet quality is there because I like the noiseless world I am engulfed in when reading.

I also like reading about old people and their simple love stories, and about the simple, human, animalistic (in a pure way) desires of the characters. They simplify love, strip the complications I have of the term away, tear the expectations and criteria and rationality down.

Sometimes I still wish you would find this part of me which I would never show, but wouldn't mind it being discovered.

No comments: